Poinsettias - Not Just for the Holidays!
The holidays are over, and it is never fun packing up those colorful decorations! The good news is that with a little care, your poinsettias can continue to brighten your home throughout the winter. Here are some tips for maintaining poinsettias as houseplants:
- Place in a south or west facing room with 6 hours of indirect light.
- Maintain a moderate indoor temperature of 65-70 degrees.
- Water when soil is dry to the touch.
- Be careful not to over water or leave standing water in the saucer.
- Fertilize once a month after the blooms fade. (Actual blooms are in the center of the colored leaves).